August 2021

August 2021 the fleet expanded to 9 hot spots, adding coverage in Cambridge, MA, The Bronx, NY, O'Fallon, IL, Vancouver, WA and Belleville, IL as well as creating all new coverage in Colombus, OH.  The most important part to me is creating new coverage where there previously was none.  There is an additional perk to doing this for both Owner and Host in that, while in the building phase, earnings compound if a single fleet expands into new areas.  As it is right now, the current arrangement was rewarded a total earnings of 42.76254216 HNT.

Compounding is interesting and something I should've thought of in the original planning when i started reaching out to folks.  In my excitement to start my own business, a business where I can pay my friends and family, I didn't consider it.  However, 3 hotspots are spaced out pretty well now in O'Fallon, IL and I started to witness compounding.  It's like a combo in Magic the Gathering, where cards and rules start to bounce off each other, exagerrating the effects of cards.  An example:

Massive Basil Chimpanzee challenges
Short Sand Meerkat witnesses the challenges
Quiet Sky Newt witnesses the challenges

This is all the time, but typical, the hot spots are owned by multiple owners.  The real comounding started when one hot spot issued a challenge to another hotspot, all in the fleet.

Quiet Sky Newt issues a Challenge... to Massive Basil Chimpanzee.  
Massive Basil Chimpanzee witnesses the challenge
Short Sand Meerkat witnesses the challenge
Massive Basil Chimpanzee issues a Proof of Coverage (PoC) 
Short Sand Meerkat witnesses the PoC
Quiet Sky Newt witnesses the PoC
Short Sand Meerkat witnesses Quiet Sky Newt witnessing the PoC and validates
Quiet Sky Newt witnesses Short Sand Meerkat witnessing the PoC and validates

That was crazy.  But, it made me realize, in planning for this expansion, focusing on ensuring the hotspots are in reach of each other is another major detail in both expanding the coverage map and maximizing the earnings potential for my friends and family.  Both of which play to my ultimate goal of getting people excited about blockchain technology and what it can do for us.  
 
Witnesses made up 70.11% of all the activity and rewards for August, PoC made of 21.22%, Challenges made of 8.67% and Packet Transfers made up less than 1%.  

Splitting earnings, I sold 25 HNT for $22.97 (BTC at the time was $47514.99) on 9/1/21 for a lump sum of $574.25.  
 
Pretty good value post-halving.  The fundamentals of Helium as a whole continue to look good and Mikey thinks it's possible that HNT could reach $100 a token by year's end.  That would be great for my hosts.  I started my August orders, moving various cyptos around to get another Bobcat.  Working on adjusting a few more accounts to squeeze what crkypto I have left in them out to buy another Bobcat, and looking to digitize and store my Doctor Who DVDs to the cloud so I can start selling them on eBay to start saving up for a Synchrobit. 

Still waiting on the 6 Nebras I purchased in Feb. But, Goonies never say die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip

Placed Orders

November 2021